What does the future hold for you and your family? What will the future hold in a decade? Even though we plan ahead and think that we have an idea of what might happen, reality can differ a great deal. Taking steps now to make sure that your loved ones have a safe and comfortable future is a great idea. Unfortunately, less than 33% of Americans have a will or estate planning documents that formalize their preferred division of assets and wishes. This means that for 2/3 of Americans, their families will be left behind to sort through things on their own and complete the expensive and lengthy probate process. This means months and potentially years of delays before asset distribution actually occurs—and the assets might not be distributed how you want them to be! An experienced estate planning attorney in Harrisburg, PA can guide you through the process from start to finish to protect your assets.
When Should I Make an Estate Plan?
It is never too early to start the estate planning process. Many adults delay contacting an estate planning attorney in Harrisburg, PA until they have a large family or an accident has already happened where having power of attorney documents in place might have changed the outcome. The estate planning documents that you create with our help will carefully outline your wishes, what you want to happen to your assets, how you want things to be distributed, and who you would like to be the guardian of children. Never risk leaving big decisions like these up to chance.
Fill out the form & we will get back to you soon.
Bellomo & Associates, LLC has years of experience as an estate planning attorney in Harrisburg, PA. We want to simplify the estate planning process so that you and your family members don’t need to worry about what might happen after an accident. Estate planning is effective because it is proactive and not reactive, so you are able to plan ahead for the future instead of nailing down details in the heat of the moment. Working with the right attorney will ensure that you can avoid future arguments that will only lead to even more pain. Our team is compassionate but efficient, and we can make sure that you don’t miss a single step of the estate planning process.
What Estate Planning Documents Do I Need?
Bellomo & Associates, LLC works with clients of every situation to find the perfect estate planning documents for their unique situation. We know how to articulate your wishes in documents that will stand up in court. Your estate planning attorney in Harrisburg, PA can take care of:
- A Trust or Will: Trusts and wills give you a place to document precisely how you want your property and assets to be distributed. When you work with our estate planning attorney in Harrisburg, PA, we can review your current assets and financial situation and help you in determining if trusts could be the best way to formalize your wishes and limit estate taxes as much as possible. We also know how to help you avoid some of the issues that can happen when you DIY your will. When everything is clear and professional, it’s easy for your wishes to be carried out.
- Beneficiaries: All of your policies and accounts should be assigned a beneficiary or contingent beneficiary. We will help you in naming beneficiaries and ensuring all paperwork is properly completed to reflect them.
- Letter of Intent: A letter of intent is a key part of your estate planning, as it is what is left behind to the executor of the will or a beneficiary. In the letter, you can formally describe any wishes that you have for your funeral, asset division preferences, and anything else that you want to share.
- Healthcare Power of Attorney: While your estate planning attorney in Harrisburg, PA will largely focus on what happens when you are no longer here, having a healthcare power of attorney is also essential. This process designates someone to make medical decisions on your behalf if you are incapacitated.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Having someone to act on your behalf when you are unable to do so is critical, and a durable power of attorney will ensure that your preference is formalized.
Who Is a Trusted Estate Planning Attorney in Harrisburg, PA?
Bellomo & Associates, LLC is proud to be a trusted estate planning attorney in Harrisburg, PA. We know how stressful and emotional the estate planning process can be, so we simplify the process and work hard to get your documents prepared in an efficient fashion. We are both thoughtful and effective. To schedule your initial consultation or learn more, call us today at (717) 845-5390.
Jeff provides pertinent, interesting, & necessary information in a way that captures his audience.
Jeff is knowledgeable in what he speaks about the law, and how it effects every day events- and how to go about taking necessary steps.
I dreaded the thought of estate planning and put it off for years. To my pleasant surprise, working with Bellomo & Associates was wonderful. The process was efficient, all of my questions were answered and the cost was reasonable.
Outstanding knowledge of estate planning with clear, concise communication. Who knew estate planning could be enjoyable?
I have been a client and personal friend of Jeff Bellomo for over 10 years. He is professional and his expertise in elder law is superb. I highly recommend anyone with any issues regarding elder law to seek his help. I guarantee you will be more than satisfied.