Here’s another goody from Mom's recipe box. Mom always loved cookbooks that credited the best recipes to the contributors. My Aunt Joan Lokuta shared this one and we always loved it. Thanks to Aunt Joan. Enjoy!
- London Broil cut from top round roast
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons kitchen bouquet or gravy master
- Parsley, garlic and basil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
– Combine all of the ingredients for sauce. Pour half the sauce over the meat.
– Pierce the meat well with a fork.
– Turn the meat over, pierce that side of the meat, and add the other half of the sauce.
– Marinate overnight, turning frequently.
– When ready to cook, place broiler pan in the broiler in the low position in oven without the slotted top. Make sure the pan is hot when you put in the meat.
– Broil on high to the desired to desired wellness, turning once midway, about 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare. Slice against the grain at an angle. Thin slices work best.