The German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche famously said: “That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” It turns out that he was right.
Happiness doesn’t come from everything going right. In fact, hoping to get through life with as little disruption or challenge as possible sets us up for a lot of disappointment. It’s better to just expect and prepare for the inevitable tough days that are in store for us later. Life gets “easier” when you get stronger, so instead of wishing for things to get better, start making them better yourself. You’ll find that happiness, wisdom, and strength are all by-products of preparation.
Take positive action to prepare and deal with challenges that face you. Here are some steps to consider.
- Stay Focused and Mindful. When dealing with adversity it’s important to stay present and mindful of the moment.
- Break Things Down. Facing adversity and setbacks can become rather overwhelming very quickly.
- Take Immediate Action.
- Find heroes and mentors and call upon them for advice.
- Prepare for future scenarios by dealing with present challenges and remembering the past.
- Treat others as you wish to be treated. As Wayne Dyer says: “How people treat you is their karma. How you react is yours.”
We all face challenges in life. How we resolve them can make the difference between them becoming opportunities instead of crises.
Stay calm and enjoy your opportunities!
To join us for one of our upcoming workshops on estate planning and elder law, just click here. Then RSVP for the date and time that work best for you. We’ll see you soon!