On behalf of Governor Wolf, on May 23, 2018, we announced the formation of Pennsylvania’s Alzheimer’s State Plan Task Force, which was created to champion and implement the goals and recommendations of Pennsylvania’s State Plan for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders.
With over 400,000 Pennsylvanians living with Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder, we recognize that the toll of this disease extends beyond those affected to their families, friends, and communities.
Objectives of the task force include:
- Working with local organizations, entities, advocates, and other stakeholders to identify and share best practices that support the goals and the overall success of the plan
- Leading efforts to review and revise the state plan as necessary
- Developing and facilitating the actions needed to carry out the plan
- Pursuing research and reviewing any other issues that are relevant to Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
- Assisting in planning the annual Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders forum
- Assisting in the development of an annual update to the plan
Several months ago, we solicited self-nominations from anyone who desired to serve on the task force and now have a task force in place. They will gather for the first time later this month.
Jeffrey Bellomo, Esq.