You’ve just finished signing your estate planning documents. Now you can breathe just a bit easier knowing this task can be checked off your list. You’re almost to the finish line, but what about questions such as:
- Where should I store these documents?
- Who should be aware of the storage location?
- Who should have access to these documents?
- When should anyone have access to these documents?
- Do I need to update documents periodically?
- What if I want to make changes?
The goal of estate planning is to assure that you do not have outdated documents gathering dust in a corner where no one else knows about them; rather, the goal is to have documents which reflect your current wishes available, if needed, to the appropriate person or people.
Take a few minutes and discuss these important follow-up issues with your attorney. If you want to get started on your estate planning documents, just click here and give us a little information and we'll take it from there.